Monday, April 20, 2009

Then love.

Puppy love.

I assume everybody who have gone to their childhood and teenage years went through this kind of love. Everybody got their own stories to tell. Tales brought by memories of stomach-turned-butterfly house courtships, line-burning 'til midnight telephone conversations, tooth-sickening sweet messages, overnight-bugging petty quarrels, and unbelievable promises of love. And just like anybody else, I have also gone through this phase. With much luck, it made me a better though I can't say, wiser.

As a proof of those dreamy days and youthful romances, I want to share with you a long poem that I stumbled upon while browsing through my highschool mementos just few days ago. I made those romantic verses when I was a sophomore and by that time dreamily in love with my boyfriend then, my puppy love. Here it goes..by the way, prepare yourself with those so mushy-mushy lines that you will encounter:


Grow Old with You
Once upon a time in my life so forlorn
I feared the old age for I was so alone.
Hated the wrinkles and silvery gray hair.
Being helpless, then there'll be no one to care.


One day in my lonesome hours
where all I can do was to frown and sigh
a pleasant stranger appeared in sight
and captured me with those eyes so bright.

His mere stare evoked my senses within
and conquered my innermost feelin'.
Yes, he's a stranger truly
yet my heart beats for him so dearly.


His presence took all my weary.
Helped me to see better the world's beauty.
Handed me the bast things life can offer
as his love for me like no other.


In my heart the space so long empty
is now filled with the love he gave.
With the vow in and Thee he made
that in the doomsday he'll be with me.


With all these, I have no more to say
just a pledge I promise to do.
"With you I won't hate wrinkles and hair so gray."
That's all and a simple "GROW OLD WITH YOU."

It was dated October 8, 2005, almost 4 years ago. I was too young then yet got engaged with that bf-gf stuff. I can still remember that sleepy night when I have to make a poem for my English class for the next day. As I started scribbling down, he came across my mind and effortlessly he dominated the whole seven versed-paragraphs.

Reading it again made me laugh at myself. I couldn't believe I had much faith on him and on our love. But then, it wasn't too bad. I loved innocently, purely. I had faith on everything he said. I looked forward to the days that we would be grown-ups and still couples.

Love then was less complicated,

less compromising,

less demanding..

How I wish it could just be the same way now...

No comments:

Post a Comment